Monday 13 October 2008

Linda Revisited


Therese Rawsthorne's summer collection is the first to use a print from the Linda Jackson archives. The Waratah print from 1985 features on tulip skirts, zip-front biker jackets and veiled under sheer cotton on drop-waist dresses. 
"I've loved Linda's work for ages", Rawsthorne said. "I think a lot of people in my age group aren't really familiar with Linda's work. It's good to get those people a bit more in the know". 

While all the initial talks and organisation took place by email and phone, Rawsthorne admits that coming face-to-face with Jackson was a tiny bit daunting. "I didn't meet her until I picked her up from the airport the night before my Fashion Week show. I was quite nervous because she hadn't seen the finished pieces. She was really lovely and seemed very supportive".
Other highlights of Rawsthorne's collection include a hot-pink washed silk gape-fronted dress and laser-cut tiered-sleeve blouses.

www.thereserawsthorne.com

No comments: