Senior Make-up Artist for MAC Australia, Nicole Thompson, gives us a sneak peak into the products used to achieve the make-up look at yesterday's Flannel RAFW show:
Redken Hair Director, Jon Pulitano, of Headcase Hair (Paddington), has also given us an inside look into how to achieve the slicked back, slightly messy pony tails on show at Flannel:
- Use Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam throughout the lengths of hair, coating strands.
- Hair is designed to look as if the model has pulled it back into a pony-tail herself. Don't slick it back too tightly - hair should retain some height at the crown. The texture should be messy and sexy
- Use an elastic to secure hair in a ponytail at the base of the head. Wrap strands of hair around the elastic to hide it.
- Spray liberal amounts of Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray in order to secure hair around the elastic. On a low setting, use a hair-dryer to secure the hair around the elastic
- Finally, to give the hair a glossy sheen, apply Redken Hardwear 16 Super Strong Gel to the hair on the head. This will leave a glaze and some serious control!
Stay tuned for back-stage pictures from the Flannel and Gail Sorronda shows.