Monday 30 April 2012

Benja Harney: Daily Hero!

Tooting traffic, honking horns and a cacophony of clangs heralded the start of today’s Romance Was Born show. And then BOOM! an enormous white wall sprung open to reveal a three-dimensional installation designed by paper artist Benja Harney!


‘It was the first time I’ve ever done a pop-up set like this,’ Benja told us, ‘I’ve wanted to do a large scale pop-up for a long time and a lot of people have proposed it to me. Anna and Luke approached me about six months ago and I knew that if I said yes to them it would turn out amazing.’

The incredible installation was an amalgamation of different bits and pieces from the prints in the show. ‘I had complete freedom to do what I wanted, there was really no “brief” at all.’

Benja told us he designed the set out of paper in miniature in just four days! What a hero!

To see more of Benja's work, head over to his blog Paperform

No comments: